For anyone who's seen "I Am Legend" or its trailer, you may remember a brief shot of Will Smith's character Robert Neville browsing through the titles at his local video store. He approaches the checkout clerk (a mannequin) with this movie:
|
| "Mornin', Hank. Midway through the 'G's." |
Say, what's that movie he's holding? Let's take a closer look.
Why, that's the back cover of . . .
It's nice to know that not even a global viral holocaust can destroy good movies. And that Neville's got great taste in film. Actually, the title of the movie may be a subtle in-joke referencing his personal situation every night: "Good night, buddy. And good luck. Hope to see you again in the morning."
2 comments:
Both of those movies are amazing. The alternate ending on the new I Am Legend DVD is freaky. More closely related to the book.
I'm honestly split over the two different endings. Both contain an important element from the book's conclusion, but neither one is perfect. The theatrical ending is good because it stays true to the tragic nature of Neville's story, while the alternate ending allows him that "aha" moment vis-a-vis his relationship to the Dark Seekers. Both endings are a little too optimistic given the reality of the situation, though.
The ending and the "unfinished" creature effects are my only major quibbles with the movie. I was gobsmacked by Will Smith's performance, though. I wish we could do a "Movie of the Month" on the first two-thirds of IAL. :)
Post a Comment